We know that there are many more events that should be mentioned…please feel free to add your thoughts. The only catch is that it must rhyme :)! Our new year’s resolution is to promote political and social satire in the pita-consuming region because we believe the freedom to develop political satire signifies a healthy level of political expression and criticism within that society…
- Satire: a literary work holding up human vices and follies to ridicule or scorn, according to Merriam Webster’s Dictionary
- You can also take the PITA poll on Huff Post Blog: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/mehrunisa-qayyum/pitapolicy-poem-politics-technology_b_2373352.html
- Note: This was NOT an attack on the positive developments included.
- PITAPOLICY recommends reading The Invisible Arab by Marwan Bishara
- PITAPOLICY’s new year’s resolution is to improve sense of humor.
- 2013 will be better, #HappyNewYear !!!
By: Mehrunisa Qayyum
PITAPOLICY tweets were underwhelmed with stories of human development, gender balance and other advocacy issues — excluding voter discrimination.
Take a look at the year in review: Yemen’s poverty rate increases from 42 to above 50 percent with the upswing of Qat production.
You know another country with dramatic increase of both poor people and a narcotic commodity — the U.S. DoD already got that introduction. Click here to continue…