Do you know of a rising female entrepreneur? The She Entrepreneurs 2014 is now open for applications! Founded in 2011 to harness the talent of the MENA region’s precious resource, its youth, “She Entrepreneurs” is operated by the Swedish Institute. Program participants are those who want to establish or run social enterprises–combining the non-profit spirit with the for-profit business model. If you are from Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Syria, Tunisia, West Bank-Gaza, Yemen and Sweden and want to address social challenges, you should apply! If you want to strive for positive social change through projects based on entrepreneurial principles, then YOU SHOULD APPLY.
During the program, the Swedish Institute will provide inspiration, knowledge and tools to help you enhance your existing project for sustainable change. Through the program, participants are also offered the opportunity to meet leading social and business entrepreneurs as well as become a part of an active network of women social entrepreneurs that supports personal and professional development. Apply by November 1, 2013.
She Entrepreneurs is a leadership programme for young emerging women social entrepreneurs in the Middle East, North Africa and Sweden. The programme aims to give the participants innovative tools for sustainable change while seeking to create an active network of women change-makers.
Who can apply to the programme?
- You should have drive, ambition and interest to use social entrepreneurship to implement a social project that you have already started working on.
- You are a citizen of Algeria, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Libya, Lebanon, Sweden, Syria, Tunisia, Morocco, West Bank-Gaza or Yemen.
- Your social project should be based and implemented in your country of citizenship or in one of the countries of the She Entrepreneurs Programme listed above.
- You are between 20 and 32 years old.
- You should have a good working knowledge of both written and spoken English.
- You should have basic knowledge of the internet and social media such as Facebook and Twitter.
How to apply?
Apply by filling out our She Entrepreneurs Application Form 2014 and going to our application portal. Deadline for applications is November 1, 2013. Only applicants who have submitted a complete application will be considered for the programme.
A complete application consists of:
- A completed She Entrepreneurs Application Form 2014 in English, including your contact details and the contact details of two reference persons.
- An updated CV in English
- A photo (not compulsory)
If you have any questions regarding the application form, please send and email to camilla.eriksson(a)si.se.
How do we evaluate your application?
A selection committee with staff from SI as well as representatives from partner organisations and field experts will evaluate the applications according to the following:
- The applicant’s social project that will be the focus of the programme.
- The applicant’s drive, motivation and commitment, as well as her answers to the questions of the She Entrepreneurs Application form 2014.
- An assessment of the applicant’s CV.
About 60 shortlisted applicants will be called for interviews as a second step in the selection process. The interviews will be conducted through Skype.
The Swedish Institute will contact 25 selected applicants by email before the end of December 2013 and offer them a place in the She Entrepreneurs Programme. The Swedish Institute will also compose a list of reserve candidates in case a second selection round would be needed. Reserves who have been offered a place in the She Entrepreneurs programme will be notified by January 19, 2014.
Due to the large number of applications that we receive, we are unfortunately not able to send personal replies to all applicants. Hence, if you have not heard from us byJanuary 19, 2014, you have not been accepted to the She Entrepreneurs Programme. However, you are more than welcome to apply again for next year’s programme.
- Deadline for application: November 1, 2013
- Skype interviews: December 9-20, 2013
- Accepted applicants will be informed by: January 19, 2014
- She Entrepreneurs module 1 in Sweden: March 31–April 11, 2014
- She Entrepreneurs module 2 in the MENA region: Preliminarily October, 2014
Participant testimonial by Ayat Attallah featured on Tomorrow’s Youth blog.